Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Lost Book Found and Bought

Schwarz, Ted, Coins as Living History, New York: Arco Publishing Company, 1976, pp224 inc illustrations. A good friend of mine had borrowed this nice and neat book about coin collecting in 1980 from the former National Library at Stamford Road, but he'd misplaced it somewhere in his home (a big house) after reading it for a week. He'd declared the misplacement as book lost to the library staff and paid the full price amounting to about S$30 as compensation to the library. Some months later, he'd found this book tucked away somewhere in his home. Sometime in the late 1980s, my good friend had shown this interesting book to me and I'd asked him to sell it to me. He'd told me the story about this book and I'd gladly paid him for what he'd paid to the library.

No comments: